Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Wild Blue Yonder...

To celebrate Labor Day, we decided to go work hard picking blueberries. We left home about 4:30 pm on Friday and hiked out about one mile. We camped on a side trail. Here are some shots around the campsite:


We mostly took turns taking care of Ben while the other picked berries, but he did fall asleep once so we could both work, and I did do some picking while he was in the sling (didn't last long because it was back-breaking).
So here we will give you a "zoom in"; this is the area we picked in:

Here are the bushes we picked from (if you look closely you can see berries):
And here are the berries:

This is about 2/3 of our total harvest of 2 gallons of blueberries...
Now for the eating!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow! That is awesome!

I also wanted to second Rachel's comment on a mai tai. I LOVE it. Sadie outgrew the sling at about 5 or 6 months (she's a chunky one too, like yours). The mai tai is super comfy and supports your back really well. I hear they are easy to make, if you can sew. Sally Jackson (TW) made mine.