Unfortunately I did not take the camera, so no pictures of family. But here is a photo we took when we visited my grandparents on the way to Asheville. We are so grateful that we visited then and Benjamin at least got to meet his great grandmother. I haven't posted this picture before because I knew my grandmother would hate having her picture up without looking her best (she didn't really want the pictures taken at all, especially with her in bed!), but I thought that some of my family might appreciate seeing this. Grandma will just have to put up with it!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Going to Arizona! (Again)
Ben's great grandmother Caldwell passed away on January 9th, after a prolonged struggle with dementia. Benjamin and I were able to make the trip to Arizona for her funeral. This was a wonderful opportunity to get together with family on my mother's side, many of whom I have not seen for years. Of the 18 grandchildren, 15 were able to be present. It was a wonderful service in which many special things were said of my grandmother. She will be missed!
Unfortunately I did not take the camera, so no pictures of family. But here is a photo we took when we visited my grandparents on the way to Asheville. We are so grateful that we visited then and Benjamin at least got to meet his great grandmother. I haven't posted this picture before because I knew my grandmother would hate having her picture up without looking her best (she didn't really want the pictures taken at all, especially with her in bed!), but I thought that some of my family might appreciate seeing this. Grandma will just have to put up with it!
Unfortunately I did not take the camera, so no pictures of family. But here is a photo we took when we visited my grandparents on the way to Asheville. We are so grateful that we visited then and Benjamin at least got to meet his great grandmother. I haven't posted this picture before because I knew my grandmother would hate having her picture up without looking her best (she didn't really want the pictures taken at all, especially with her in bed!), but I thought that some of my family might appreciate seeing this. Grandma will just have to put up with it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment