Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gated Community

My buddy at work had some relic baby gates leftover from his clan. He generously brought them to work yesterday. I had the great pleasure in driving them home in the back of my car with the seat folded down and the front seats slid all the way forward. I looked like some old white grandmother mexican lady driving WAY to close to the steering wheel. Anywho, got them home and set them up that instant. See Benjamin's opportunity to get into stuff in our kitchen/dining room grew exceptionally when he realized a mother nursing her newborn couldn't physically restrain his movements. Well now we can. Playboy's time in the kitchen, kitchen sink, stove top, counter top, and table top have been successfully intervened by the white metallic bars from hell! I dislike relishing in the fact it has come to this, but I rather take the fussiness than another call to poison control. Really, I would. Wouldn't you? By the way, advice for parents...have activated charcoal on hand just in case!



1 comment:

amy said...

He is a cutie...but don't feel bad we too have our house gated like Fort Knox, from the kitchen, living room and up the stairs. I hate climbing over the gates all day but it does save me messes and lots of frustration with our little busy bodies running around everywhere.