Monday, October 27, 2008

Playing around the house


I decided to take some fall pictures of Benjamin. So, we gathered some leaves (above), dressed him up like he was outside (too cold to really be outside), and let him play. The results were.... well, predictable!


In other news, Ben has some new accomplishments: he has learned how to give "kisses," although he will only do it rarely. I told John he had learned how to give kisses, and he was jealous until he got one, then a little taken aback by the slobbery cheek that is the inevitable aftermath. He has also begun making a "potty" sign. We began working consistently on potty-ing when he was about 4 months old, and started using a sign when talking about the potty or taking him to the potty when he was about 4 1/2 months. On Thursday he made the sign, on Friday he made the sign while on the potty, and over the weekend he made the sign several times followed by using the potty. I'm not sure if he really gets it, or if he is just making the sign because he has learned how to make that motion and then pees when he is placed on the potty. Either way, it is fun to watch and we are doing a better job helping him stay dry. I'm going to try to capture it on video next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mari,
Great Pictures.