Lucy can lift up her head and turn it. She can hold it up for a few seconds to look around from my shoulder. She likes to throw her head backwards to see more- I think she will get pretty hard to hold on to in a few months! She loves to look and spends quite a bit of time awake and alert, just looking around at everything she can see. She nurses well and is even beginning to sleep well. Last night she went down at 9, woke at 1 for feeding, woke at 3:30 for feeding, and briefly nursed at 6 before sleeping until 8:30. So I figure I actually got about 7 1/2 hours of sleep :)
Benjamin is doing well as a big brother. He loves to help get diapers or clean clothes, climb up on the bed to touch Lucy or play with her, and even pretends to nurse her (I hold her on his lap- he holds his shirt up). I even found him putting diapers on his teddy bears. He is getting very vocal and starting to make sentences. Yesterday I was sitting on the bed and he asked for a story, so I told him to "You go get a book, I will wait for you." His answer: "No. I wait. You go."
"Nursing" George
"Nursing" Lucy
He likes to try to dress himself, although he isn't very good at it (lots of shirts on upside down and frustration because his arms won't go in), and one of his most used phrases is "I do it." (This sounds like 'I doot' for those of you who may hear it and wonder what he is trying to say.) He loves to sing, especially songs with actions and actually manages the semblance of a tune.
Singing "If You're Happy and You Know it Clap Your Hands" with George
It's so much fun watching these two grow!
2 comments:
How fun. I love the name Lucy! Hope all is going well. Benjamin is looking so grown up with a new little one around. They are both darling!
I love the pics of Benjamin nursing his George. Absolutely adorable. Lucy is precious.
Post a Comment